Utensils - Nat-UR
Imagine products that are environmentally neutral and return to nature without a trace, using renewable feed stocks and replacing petroleum-based plastics. Nat-UR has created an economically competitive product line that isn't affected by the climbing price of oil.
Nat-UR products are made from Cereplast Compostables resins which are annually renewable, ecologically sound substitutes for petroleum-based plastic products. Nat -UR products replace nearly 100% of the petroleum dependent additives used in traditional plastics with bio-based materials such as corn, wheat, tapioca and potato starches.
The Nat-UR products were designed to meet three core tenets of sustainability.
- Environmentally Sound Products are produced from resin that is greater than 90% bio-based
- Economically Viable Pricing for the finished products is competitive with traditional petroleum based products
- Socially Acceptable Consumers are searching to find environmentally friendly alternatives
All Nat-UR products are certified as biodegradable and compostable, meeting the stringent standards developed by the Biodegradable Products Institute in the United States (ASTM D6400, D99ASTM 6868) and the European Bioplastics Standards in Europe (EN 13432). As a result, Nat-UR products will completely biodegrade in an industrial compost environment between 60-180 days.
Since Nat-UR products are intended to breakdown at traditional industrial composting temperatures, they are targeted for warm and cold food applications.
- Earth-Friendly Made from annually renewable resources
- Biodegradable and BPI Approved
- Cedar Grove Approved
Additional InformationSee BuyGreen Standards detail for this product